In May of this year I decided to take advantage of a free trial of a greeting card to a friend. It was easy enough to do as there was little to it.

Later I noticed a charge for $4.99 I did not dispute it although it was supposed to be free. $4.99 won't kill me. Today I noticed another such charge and in checking found out it was the third one that had been withdrawn from my account. At no time was I advised I was signing up for a membership charging a monthly fee.

I might expect such from a shyster website but not American Greeting Cards. In calling I was unable to reach a human being but did select cancel membership. I have no idea if that will stop it or not. The giving of my credit card number I assumed was to pay for any future cards I might want.

In hundreds of purchases over the internet, I have never one time had a charge made without a following notification of the amount, etc. until this one.

And to not know it was going to be every month is beyond belief. That is why I am sure they are crooked as can be.

Review about: American Greetings Greeting Card Free Trial.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments