2.6K views

I found a charge for $19.99 on my credit card after sending two e-cards through American Greetings. They were supposed to be free samples.

I am trying to find a way to cancel any membership I may have inadvertently joined. Does anyone ever get these things cancelled? I'm ready to stop using the computer for any purchases whatsoever.

American Greeting cards have me so angry I will go out of my way NOT to purchase anything from them again. I will check all items purchased and refuse to purchase anything with their name on it from now on.

Comments

I also was charged $4.95for the second time in two months.I canceled after the first month.I want you to return $9.95.Take my name of the account which I cancelled in July.If I do not hear from AMGreetings with in three weeks( 9/20/2019.I will call Better business Bureau,and report your Company

yes I have an auto renew for 18 annually but this year when it renewed there was a second charge for 35 for ecard plus which I did not authorized. Just sent them a msg asking how this happened and now going to send another to have that charge removed

I'm another. Online bank statement shows:

AM GREETINGS ECARDPLUS VISA POS PURCHASE MERCHANT PURCHASE TERMINAL 469216 AM GREETINGS ECARD PLUS 800 711 4 OH

I doubt it is American Greetings. Someone has likely stolen a list and created an account to scam.

Yes!!!!!!! I keep getting recurring charges and I haven't even sent a card!!!!!!! Trying to contact

I just got an unauthorized $29.99 charge on my credit card! Fuming!

Hubby and I are trying to figure out if and when we even purchased anything with a credit card in his name only. Scratching our heads.

Perhaps we have been scanned as well. He carries the card so I know I didn't make a purchase.

Pittsford, New York, United States #1343033

I was scammed also!! Never authorized the $19.99 either!!!!!!

Newtonville, Massachusetts, United States #1289179

I too seem to be the victim of fraud and unlawful practices. Would anyone care to join me in a class action suit against these fraudulent charges???

Durham, North Carolina, United States #1263873

Also got scammed.

gkrumpe

I ne ver authorized this.

Dallas, Texas, United States #1026436

I just had a charge on my credit card as well and trying to find out what to do.

I too have been getting random charges to my account. American Greetings is full of it.

We have a sudden charge of thirty doilars from AG and we did not use them at all. WTH?

I just sent an email to customer service. After this charge is disputed, I will order a new card.

they charged me annual fee and i never asked to renew this ! It is a scam.

However if you call them select the option to cancel the membership and they will refund you - apparently. I will see if it actually happend !

Pissed as well !

I just found an unauthorized charge on my checking account as well.

I'm finding dozens of American Greetings charges in a client's bank statements...

Carmel, Indiana, United States #736319

I happened to see a charge on my credit card statement for $35.98 from American Greetings ECARDPLUS that I do not recognize. When I spoke with my credit card company, I learned they had been charging me annually since 2009.

I got their phone number & tried to call. After getting a half dozen recorded message of "not able to locate me as a customer/member" attempts & auto hang-ups, I tried the option to sign up as a member and finally was able to speak with a representative. I was told there was nothing that can be done for charges over 30 days and they have automatically renewal regardless you renew the membership or authorize their charges or not. I received online renewal notice and I didn't renew & I told them that but learned it didn't matter.

You may still be a member thought you may not know it. They do acknowledge there had been no activity in my acct but they continue charge me for membership. So be aware, you may be paying hundreds of dollars for a couple of "free" trial e-cards! Stay away from this company.

I definitely will stay away from anything this company does in the future. I paid my education.

Fairfax, Virginia, United States #703353

American Greetings charged my card for several months. I never signed up or authorized it.

I've had no other unauthorized charges on my card so hard to believe it was compromised.

I called Am. Greeting to cancel my card and asked to be credited for the unauthorized charges.

I was told that they couldn't do this. Very very dissatisfied with this company.

By "unauthorized" you must mean "I didn't bother to pay attention to what I was doing" Sadly enough, you will continue blaming other people for your carelessness.