I signed up for the 7 day free trial.Of course, it asks you for a form of payment so that they can auto-bill you at the end of 7 days.

They say that you can cancel at any time, but that really isn't true, as I discovered. If you attempt to cancel suing their automated system, once you go through the prompts, it says that you need to speak with an agent. This isn't uncommon by itself -- many companies try to have someone try to talk you out of cancelling, and answer the phone immediately and offer concessions, etc., to try to keep you as a customer. However this is NOT the case with American Greetings.

Quite the opposite, they just keep you on hold and hope you give up. This is effectively fraud -- they promise a "free trial" and say that it can be cancelled at any time, but they do not provide any reasonable mechanism to cancel the service.

DO NOT SIGN UP WITH AMERICAN GREETINGS IF YOU EVER WANT TO CANCEL THE SERVICE!If anything, use one of the newer services that frankly works much better and has better customer service like JibJab.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of no response to my calls and customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of american greetings free trial and associated monetary loss in the amount of $4. American Greetings needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned american greetings free trial in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at American Greetings.

Had an Experience with American Greetings?

Comments

I think I've been scammed too. I thought I canceled before being charged and just noticed I've been being charged $4.99/mo for the past six months! I kept no records of canceling, and there is no email verifying I canceled, so I think I am crazy as I honestly don't remember...but I must have because I did not want to pay $4.99/mo!

I 100% agree. I am going through it now!